BUILDINGS OPERATION TECHNICIAN
FOR MERRILL AREA HOUSING AUTHORITY
The mission of the Housing Authority is to meet our community’s housing needs by providing decent, safe, maintenance free and independent affordable housing. We are looking for a building’s operation technician with the relevant experience and qualifications with the availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays is a must.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, and inventory
- Other tasks such as painting, flooring, shampooing, landscaping, lawncare and snow removal
- Basic trouble shooting and routine maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical training or extensive hands-on experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and cordial manner with co-workers and residents
- 2 years’ experience in rental maintenance and/or similar field preferred
- An above average knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical systems
- Ability to perform physical labor, operator tools and machinery and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be available to respond to after hour maintenance emergencies when need
- Must have a valid Class D Licenses
Please send your resume no later than January 15, 2021 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 701 E 1st Street, Merrill WI 54452.